I can’t believe it!
It has almost been two years of ITP and Me! It feels like everything has happened so quickly.
Since I started to write about ITP, I have seen so many great contributors join our online community. In the time I have been writing online, I have watched on in amazement as people with ITP from all around the world, have connected with each other on the internet. Our stories are moving out of medical journals and appearing as honest accounts by real patients, in real time. We have become out own best resource.
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their support, contributions and questions over the last two years. To celebrate our two year anniversary, I’m taking a look back over the last two years and checking out which ITP articles were your favourites.
Here are the most read / shared / engaged with posts…
1. The article about Cover Up Concealer, and how to match your colour concealer to the tone of your bruise.
2. Taking Care of Your Hair – The article about wether you should be brushing or combing your hair while taking high dose medications, and the damage they can cause.
3. The article about The Seven Stages of Chronic Illness and how ITP patients move through them.
4. Life Expectancy for Patients with ITP – Did you know that having ITP will most likely effect your predicted life expectancy? And that the age you are when you were diagnosed will effect this number even further?
5. The article where I found all the other people writing about ITP online and shared my favourite Blogs about ITP
6. 10 Things You Should Never Say to Someone with ITP – The article were I ranted about all the crappy things people say to those with ITP.
7. The article where I collected all the Alternative Therapy Pages and put them all into one place.
8. The article where I wrote about Brushing your Teeth (With ITP) and talked about how gross flossing is with a low count.
9. The post about Looking Like a Junkie with ITP and how to avoid the worst of it.
10. Our step by step instructions to making ITP Awareness Day Cupcakes, complete with red blood cells and fake sugared blood.
Couldn’t find your favourite article above?
Share your favourite ITP Article below!